RFR (S) 8023697: failed class resolution reports different class name in detail message for the , first and subsequent times
karen.kinnear at oracle.com
Mon Apr 28 22:11:26 UTC 2014
A couple of comments/questions:
1. Can you possibly measure footprint in a large application to see if the saved error messages use significant footprint?
2. I'm concerned about setting expectations that the detailed message will be repeated precisely for constant pool resolution
- but for now that is only for Class, MethodHandle and MethodType resolution
3. A comment in the bug report says that for linkage errors in SD the detail message is the name of the class, in all cases but this one, the
message is the same
- I'm confused - did you test this with for instance a LoaderConstraint test - doesn't that have a different detail message?
I appreciate consolidating the duplicate code.
On Apr 28, 2014, at 5:07 PM, Coleen Phillimore wrote:
> Summary: Cache detail message when we cache exception for constant pool resolution.
> In the resolution error table. Provide a default message if one is not in the original exception. Also, consolidate duplicate code for MethodHandleInError and MethodTypeInError with UnresolvedClassInError.
> open webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8023697/
> bug link https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8023697
> Ran jck8, ute vm.quick.testlist, jtreg tests in hotspot/test, java/lang/invoke jdk jtreg tests.
More information about the hotspot-runtime-dev