RFR(xxxs, trivial): 8203865: Metaspace cleanup: Remove unused MemRegion in VirtualSpaceNode
thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Mon May 28 09:15:16 UTC 2018
Thanks for the quick review!
On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 8:47 AM, David Holmes <david.holmes at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> On 28/05/2018 4:28 PM, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> very tiny cleanup.
>> May I get a review (I consider this trivial):
> I'd like someone to confirm that the deleted asserts are still logically
> being checked elsewhere.
- (HeapWord*)(_rs.base() + _rs.size())));
- assert(reserved()->start() == (HeapWord*) _rs.base(),
- "Reserved start was not set properly " PTR_FORMAT
- " != " PTR_FORMAT, p2i(reserved()->start()), p2i(_rs.base()));
- assert(reserved()->word_size() == _rs.size() / BytesPerWord,
- "Reserved size was not set properly " SIZE_FORMAT
- " != " SIZE_FORMAT, reserved()->word_size(),
- _rs.size() / BytesPerWord);
No need; the asserts check that the MemRegion object is initialized
correctly; since it is unused and removed, the asserts can be removed
> Otherwise this cleanup seems ok.
>> Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8203865
>> VirtualSpaceNode contains: MemRegion _reserved;
>> This member is not used and serves no purpose. It keeps track of the
>> reserved memory location, but that is redundant since the underlying
>> ReservedSpace does the same. It is also nowhere used. So it should be
>> Best Regards, Thomas
More information about the hotspot-runtime-dev