Dr Andrew John Hughes
ahughes at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 14:04:32 PDT 2011
I guess it's about time we started talking about b23. Here's a list of
stuff I'd like to get in:
* Top priority: hs20 from the stable branch
* Possible javadoc regression in langtools (present in 7 and b21+);
looking into this now. I presume it is called by that bloated
file manager backport: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk6/jdk6/langtools/rev/5c2858bccb3f
The tool tries to read class files as source files when -classpath
and -subpackages are specified.
* Accompanying Shark build fix for hs20 already approved by Kelly for 7
* Shark regression caused by security fix 6878713
(no. 2 on http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-compiler-dev/2011-March/005032.html)
* Removal of Motif requirement. This helps with some of the changesets below
which will otherwise have to have dummy implementations for some Motif methods.
Alternatively, you could open the implementations of these methods that are in
the proprietary JDK6 tree, assuming that still has Motif. IcedTea has ripped out
Motif since the beginning.
* The following JDK changes. Some may have gone in and I haven't noticed; the list
is drawn from the 1.10 and HEAD NEWS backport lists in IcedTea.
- S7023591, S7027667: Clipped antialiased rectangles are filled, not drawn.
- S7019861: Last scanline skpped when doing AA.
- S6768387, PR670: REGRESSION: JTable no longer serializable
- Add missing privileged block around access to the sun.awt.nativedebug property.
- S6800846, RH662230: Printing quality degraded with Java 6 compared to 5.0, index out of bounds exception.
- S6642612: JFileChooser's approve buttons should be the same size (GTK)
- S6984543: Test sun/java2d/DirectX/OnScreenRenderingResizeTest fails on GNOME
- S6997495: correction of regression test compiler/6857159/Test6857159
- S6736649: test/closed/javax/swing/JMenuItem/6458123/ManualBug6458123.java fails on Linux
- S6797139: JButton title is truncating for some strings irrespective of preferred size.
- S6883341: SWAT: jdk7-b72 swat build(2009-09-17) threw exceptions when running Java2D demo by clicking Paint ta
- S4493128: CubicCurve2D intersects method fails
- S4724552: CubicCurve2D.contains(Rectangle2D) returns true when partially contained.
- S4645692: CubicCurve2D.solveCubic does not return all solutions.
- S4993545: NativeInLightFixer adds asynchronousity
- S6637796: setBounds doesn't enlarge Component
- S6607660: java.awt.Container.getMouseEventTargetImpl should be invoked while holding the TreeLock
- S6607170: Focus not set by requestFocus
- S6616323: consider benefits of replacing a component array with other collection from the awt.Container class
- S6682046: Mixing code does not always recalculate shapes correctly when resizing components
- S6797195: Forward-port enhancements for hw/lw mixing from 6u12 to 7
- S6725214: D3D: forward-port the new pipeline from 6u10
- S6633275: Need to support shaped/translucent windows
- S7015232: missing copyright header in CheckZOrderChange.java
- S7017581: missing copyright header in test/sun/java2d/pipe/RegionOps.java
- S6896068: SunGraphics2D exposes a reference to itself while non fully initialised.
- S6749060: LCD AA text rendered incorrectly when destination is non opaque (sw pipeline only)
- S6728834: D3D/OGL: LCD AA text becomes bold and blurred when rendering to a non-opaque destination
- S6693253: Security Warning appearance requires enhancements
- S6779717: A Window does not show applet security warning icon on X platforms
- S6785058: Parent don't get the focus after dialog is closed if security warning is applied
- S6444769: java/awt/Insets/WindowWithWarningTest/WindowWithWarningTest.html fails
- S6775317: Improve performance of non-AA transformed rectangles and single wide lines in software pipelines
- S6766342: Improve performance of Ductus rasterizer
- S7016856: fix dashing performance regression. Improve other rendering performance.
- S6934977: MappedByteBuffer.load crashes with SIGBUS.
Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)
Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D 0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37
More information about the jdk6-dev