Addition to the jdk
sgodsell at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:26:05 PST 2008
Hello openjdk people,
I have a patch that can enhance Java in a number of areas. The following is a list of enhancements:
- Overwrite and lock users file paths to a specific base path
- All temporary files can automatically be created in the base path
- You can limit the amount of storage being used in a path or file
- You can limit the # of file and directories being created in path
- You can make any path read only or read/write
- You can allow or deny whether libraries can be loaded from a path.
- You can allow or deny whether native methods can be used from a path.
- You can have multiple paths to allow users to read or write to with different
limiting storage and or # or files and directories.
- You can limit the number of threads and thread priority.
- You can limit the maximum # of windows being created.
- You can allow or deny hosts and ports being used.
- You can allow or deny execution of runtime process.
- You can limit the amount of socket traffic throughput in bytes per second
- All items can be controlled in a simple properties file
Now I know a security manager could do a few of the items listed, but with this update you can still use the security manager. There are a few other things, but in order to get a complete view and the source code go to the following site:
More information about the jdk7-dev