Request for phase 2 approval for CR 7102515 - javac running very very long and not returning
james.holmlund at oracle.com
Thu Oct 20 11:15:44 PDT 2011
The changeset is the same as in JDK 8:
The target repo:
This is a regression from JDK 6 that occurs when several string concatenate operators are used in an
expression. This causes the build of the deploy repo to fail.
No special risks, other than the usual risks associated with a change.
The change is two parts:
- empty the cache as is done for the other similar operators but which
was omitted from the code for the resolveOperator method
- change the code so that a simple error message is produced instead of doing the advanced
analysis that caused the problem.
- langtools regression tests pass as expected
- JCK-Compiler-7 tests pass as expected
- This change was pushed to jdk8/tl/langtools on Oct 19.
It has been thru the nightly test of Oct 19 with no failures
Author: Maurizio Cimadamore
Reviewed by: Jon Gibbons, Jim Holmlund
More information about the jdk7u-dev