7u2 phase 2 status, information regarding build promotions
edvard.wendelin at oracle.com
Wed Sep 28 08:38:48 PDT 2011
I thought I'd send out a short status update on the 7u2 project. We are
now in phase 2 for 7u2 and consequently in phase 1 for 7u4. We will
build 7u4 on a weekly basis and publish the builds on java.net. 7u2 will
now be built on a monthly basis. The approval process for phase 1 and 2
is slightly different. For phase 1 you can find the approval template
here: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk7u/approval-template.html .
Dalibor is on vacation, so we haven't been able to upload it to the
project page. You should be able to find it next to the other template
on the same link sometime next week. In the meantime I'll paste it in
this email . Expect that it will take a few days for me to respond to
approval requests for phase 2 as they require release team approval.
"Push requests for JDK 7 Update Stabilisation forests MUST be sent to
the jdk7u-dev at openjdk.java.net mailing list and SHOULD follow this
Subject: Request for phase 2 approval for CR $NR - $Synopsis
With the body containing:
• either a link to the publicly visible bug on the bugs.sun.com site (or
its equivalent), or a description of the change in case that there is no
publicly visible bug to link to
• either a link to the publicly visible webrev or a link to the JDK 8
changeset, in case it's the the same patch as the corresponding
changeset committed for JDK 8.
• if the review is taking place somewhere else, a link to the public
• if the fix has already been reviewed for inclusion into jdk7u-dev, the
list of reviewers
• Provide rationale for why the fix should be approved, including the
benefit and risks involved, what testing has been done, and what the
• The Release Team might decide to defer the approval request to the
next update release, request more information or approve it.
Communication is taken care of by the project lead."
More information about the jdk7u-dev