tags & co
igor.nekrestyanov at oracle.com
Wed Apr 25 13:49:44 PDT 2012
On 4/25/12 1:11 PM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>>> Did these sources are for jdk7u4 or jdk7u6 ?
>> Yes. ;)
>> For details, see http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk7u/qanda.html .
> I was using hg tags and some sorting to get the version/release, ie
> jdk7u4, jdk7u6 but it appears it's not the right way.
It depends on you goal.
If your goal is to build open equivalent of specific promoted build of
Oracle JDK then
right way to do it is:
1. use hg pull to get latest 7u repo
2. ensure you are using same source snapshot as promoted build in
hg update -r build-tag
3. Build (you may need to set JDK_BUILD_NUMBER and other variables
to ensure build identify itself correctly, see
Things to remember:
- tags are added once build is ready and promoted (and supposed to
mark source snapshot used for this build)
- master workspace is updated multiple times between promoted builds
(there could be other changes when you pull)
If you are building "tip" revision and tag for build in question is in
the repo then you are likely close to what official promoted build had
but not necessary identical (and sometimes difference could be significant).
More information about the jdk7u-dev