RfA JDK-8077296 RE build fails on non-Win builds when attempting to build Win only javadoc
peter.brunet at oracle.com
Wed May 27 15:35:43 UTC 2015
I'd like to push the JDK-8077296 patch to 8u.
- As part of the open sourcing of the JAB and Java Accessibility
Utilities (JAU) the JAU Javadoc was set up to be added to the build.
- Due to an 8u RE build issue (it uses source bundles) the Javadoc had
to be temporarily disabled: JDK-8076552
- The issue was caused by JAU code being in windows instead of share.
- For 9 the JAU code is in
jdk.accessibility/share/classes/com/sun/java/accessibility/util (and the
JAB code under jdk.accessibility/windows).
- For 8u both the JAU and JAB code is in jdk/src/windows.
- The problem on 8u is with non-windows builds; the 8 Javadoc build
process doesn't find the JAU files because they are in a windows directory.
- The fix is to refactor so 8u is like 9 with the JAU files in share;
then the javadoc build process will find the source for all build platforms.
- Make has been changed so jaccess.jar is built for all platforms.
- Some obsolete files have been removed as they were causing build
problems. They were removed from 9 earlier but not from 8u. These are
com/sun/java/accessibility/util/java/awt/ChoiceTranslator.java and all
the files in com/sun/java/accessibility/extensions.
I tested this by doing a source bundles build on Win, transferring the
zips to Mac, unzipping the zips, and building from the unzipped files.
That build was successful and the use of jaccess.jar was successful.
More information about the jdk8u-dev