JEP 110 - Violating Naming Convention ?

Aaron Scott-Boddendijk talden at
Wed Aug 17 19:35:04 UTC 2016

I agree that using METHOD() is clever.  However I think it hides the fact
that you're building the request, not executing it. Similarly the
".response()" on HttpRequest itself suggests you're just retrieving the
response but this is where the execution happens.

I would prefer the methods better describe what they're doing (verbs)...

HttpResponse response = HttpRequest

Still breaking the naming convention to clearly express the standard
recognised HTTP method names but more clearly as setting an attribute.
Then indicating where we're actually sending the request (HttpResponse
being the method-call result, something everyone is familiar with).

Then this makes more sense...

HttpRequest request = HttpRequest

Aaron Scott-Boddendijk