RFR: 8164829 & 8164830: back out jdeprscan

joe darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Fri Aug 26 04:05:44 UTC 2016

Hi Stuart,

I've looked over the failures. Three tests fail:

* One that checks that commands have a -version option.

* One new jdeprscan test on windows.

* A langtools tests that checks for consistency of APIs using annotations.

Rather than backing out all of jdeprscan, I'd advise to instead add the
jdeprscan command to the whitelist for the -version test and temporarily
problem list the other two tests on affected platforms.

I trust the two problem lists test failures should then be able to be
resolved and returned into active service within a day or so.

Thanks for being diligent on checking for test failures,