Changes to ClassAnalyzer tool
Mandy.Chung at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 15 18:34:29 PDT 2009
Per our discussion, I made the following changes in the tool:
1. Supports multiple modules in one single config file. I merged all
41 *.config files into one new modules.rootset file. The tool can still
take multiple -config options.
2. Rename "contents" to "include" key name in the module config file.
"include" specifies classes to be included in the module if not excluded
and its dependent classes are not included.
3. Change the wildcard syntax - "*" matches classes in the specified
package and "**" matches classes in the specified package or any of its
4. Generate a new modules.pkginfo that lists all packages that split
across multiple modules and also its dependencies with package-private
access. The "packages.splitdep" file I temporarily added is now removed.
When Chris and Vinnie reorganize the sources, this list should become
smaller. This will avoid needing to list specific classes in the
module config files.
5. I started to create a new modules.config file that only contains
"include" and "exclude/allow" rules based on the classlist generated
from modules.rootset. There are some exclude rules that we should look
into and determine if they should be included in that module if
More information about the jigsaw-dev