Questions/comments about setting up JMC development workspace in Eclipse
marcus.hirt at oracle.com
Mon Jan 28 13:13:57 UTC 2019
1. Yep, JDK 8 and JDK 11. I updated the blog - thanks!
2. Yes, now it should be okay to remove the jfx and update the classpath files as described. Will update the blog once the fixes are in. Let me know if you want to contribute these!
3. Yep, that is correct, as we decided we wanted to be able to build core without Tycho and separately (also be able to push the core artifacts to Maven Central at some point in the future). I updated the blog (except for the images) - thanks!
On 2019-01-28, 11:56, "Langer, Christoph" <christoph.langer at sap.com> wrote:
After my build works, my next task is setting up the development infrastructure
So, of course, I followed your blog  about that closely. I eventually managed to set up my Eclipse workspace that it now shows no errors and JMC launches. But I have some feedback:
- JDKs: I think the part with JDK 10 is a bit outdated, right? Now it's all about JDK11 (and, JDK 8, of course). The cited bug JMC-5895  has already been fixed quite some time ago. Is that correct?
- Setting up user library JMC_JDK: I've set up the library as described in the blog. However, it seemed to me that the maven import has deleted reference to JMC_JDK from the projects. (It also made quite a few modifications to .classpath files which I'm unhappy with as it spills hg status by the way). So I had to add reference back in projects org.openjdk.jmc.browser.attach and org.openjdk.jmc.console.jconsole. Also, now after the javafx dependencies were set up correctly as external dependency and not from the JDK, I think jfxswt.jar and jfxrt.jar can be removed. The reference to JMC_JDK can be dropped from the .classpath files of org.openjdk.jmc.flightrecorder.ui and org.openjdk.jmc.javafx.osgi.
- Importing the projects: If I import the projects from the main jmc directory, it does not show the projects inside subfolder core, as the main pom.xml does not define "core" as a module. So I had to manually import the core subdirectory.
More information about the jmc-dev