[Rev 04] RFR: 6674: Optimize finding of first start time and first & last end times
hdafgard at openjdk.java.net
Mon Jan 27 19:41:17 UTC 2020
> This optimization relies on the fact that event lanes are sorted by timestamp. This allows us to skip performing very costly comparisons when finding the first start time or first/last end times of an IItemCollection and instead just get the first or last events in each lane and find the event in that set that was earliest or last, respectively.
> This PR also removes the associated aggregators to strongly encourage downstream users to make use of the added RulesToolkit methods.
The pull request has been updated with 2 additional commits.
- 5fddd578: Update test recording to include partially and completely overlapping events
- e6c1b149: Improve test by using correct aggregators
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jmc/pull/31/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jmc/pull/31/files/f102abbb..5fddd578
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/jmc/31/webrev.04
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/jmc/31/webrev.03-04
Stats: 47 lines in 2 files changed: 4 ins; 33 del; 10 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jmc pull/31/head:pull/31
More information about the jmc-dev