JMH and ocperf
shade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 16:15:26 UTC 2016
On 11/19/2016 02:19 PM, Sergey Melnikov wrote:
> 1. It's common approach to replace real executable name with
> (environment) variable. For example, JDK makefiles uses
> CD/AWK/CAT/BASENANE/CXX/... variables. Commonly used tools like
> cmake/gn/... let user to override executable name (or specify
> additional flags) by overriding particular environment variables.
All right, fine, let's do the environment var. ocperf.py would be
confused if it replaces "perf" to itself. But, you need to do more work:
1) Sign the OCA;
2) Fix long options handling in pmu-tools:
3) Pick up the patch from here:
4) Fix perfasm to resolve the symbolic event names back from numeric
ones translated by ocperf (is that even possible?);
5) Test perf, perfnorm, perfasm with custom event types.
6) Submit for further review.
More information about the jmh-dev