JMH 1.14

Aleksey Shipilev ashipile at
Wed Sep 7 18:45:45 UTC 2016

I am pleased to announce the availability of JMH 1.14.
Props to Evgeny Mandrikov for this release.

Notable changes:

 *) JMH annotation processor used to claim all annotations (oops), which
broke other tools that depend on annotations (double oops), fixed:

 *) JSON output now includes histogram data when available, e.g. in
"sample" benchmark mode:

 *) Benchmark results can now produce secondary derivative results. As
the side effect, "sample" benchmark mode now prints percentiles in the data:

 *) "pauses" profiler: figure out how often the mutator stops, and what
are the pauses distribution. We can probably make a better profiler over
time, but this one seems to correlate with the actual safepointing
behavior rather well:

 *) Command line options help now list default values, in case you ever
wondered what they are: