Concerns with JPMS spec and Jigsaw implementation

Scott Stark sstark at
Sat Apr 15 03:18:03 UTC 2017

Via our participation in JSR 376/JPMS we have raised a number of concerns regarding the implementation decision in Jigsaw as well as the scope and consensus of the expert group efforts. We, along with other EC members, and EG members have compiled a document that details these concerns.
These concerns are outlined in the following blog:

As it stands, Red Hat will not vote for the approval of this public review draft of JPMS as it is not in the best interest of the Java community.