RFR: 8001647: In-place methods on Collection/List
mike.duigou at oracle.com
Thu Apr 18 12:36:59 PDT 2013
- @since tag is in a strange location.
- The (optional) on IAE is in a strange position and not linked like the others.
- Should we consider adding overrides for default methods here even if our impls wouldn't use them? We could at least add modCount checking.
- Lots of enhancement here since my last review. Good Job!
- Wrong GPL license. Tests don't get Classpath exemption.
- In Map.Defaults (around line 539 in http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mduigou/JDK-8010122/6/webrev/test/java/util/Map/Defaults.java.html) I found it useful to generate an implementation of the base interface to directly test the default methods implementations. You may want to add something similar to CollectionExtensionMethodsTest.
- You may want to include a Collections.newSetFromMap in DataProvider.
- I am now preferring the Iterator<Object> return from DataProvider though I haven't made an on-demand provider yet. You could also mark your DataProvider as ", parallel = true"
On Apr 18 2013, at 11:49 , Akhil Arora wrote:
> Looks like the stars are aligning on getting on this into TL... the refreshed webrev is -
> Please review
> On 12/10/2012 09:31 PM, Akhil Arora wrote:
>> - now with synchronized and unmodifiable wrappers in Collections.java
>> for the default methods being added
>> On 12/10/2012 01:48 PM, Akhil Arora wrote:
>>> Updated with yours and Alan's comments -
>>> - removed null check for removeSet
>>> - cache this.size in removeAll, replaceAll
>>> (for ArrayList, Vector and CopyOnWriteArrayList)
>>> - calculate removeCount instead of BitCount.cardinality()
>>> - removed unnecessary @library from test support classes
More information about the lambda-dev