Custom JRE help?

Greg Brown greg.x.brown at
Thu Mar 1 06:56:25 PST 2012

Hi all,

I meant to respond to this question when it was posted but it fell off my radar:

I have been working on an Ant task that will co-bundle a JRE with a Java application. It is still in development, but it is usable. The source code is here:

Running "ant" will compile the task to appbundler/bin/appbundler-1.0.jar. Put this in your Ant lib directory (e.g. ~/bin/apache-ant-1.8.2/lib).

You'll need to declare the task in your build script in order to use it. See the test-hello and test-swingset targets in build.xml for an example.

Hope this helps,