upcoming Public Review

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Fri Feb 4 02:30:45 PST 2011

Next week the JSR 292 EG will be submitting documents to the JCP to initiate a formal Public Review.  It will be 60 days long, and will (we hope) be quickly followed by a Proposed Final Draft and spec. finalization.

All this is a required part of the process for formalizing JSR 292 and releasing JDK 7.

I have posted a preview of the spec. in the usual place:

An archive copy is here:

Note the package renaming.  At present this is spec-ware only, since it will take a little doing to teach the JVM about the new package.  The parts that don't actually work yet are marked #-buildable in the MQ series file:

In the archive directory are some nicely formatted diffs:

Best wishes,
-- John