Effective warmup strategy for Nashorn - JDK-8u40-b25
kcholera at linkedin.com
Wed Mar 11 01:52:13 UTC 2015
Hello Nahsorn dev team,
1.What is the best way to quickly warm-up to reach optimal performance in fewer iterations ?
2. Is there a better way to warmup using fixture data as opposed to fake data which we have to maintain ?
3. Is there a way to clone 1 nashorn instances that is warmed up so that we can avoid doing the same warmup for other nashorn instances ?
Steps to reproduce these performance numbers -
Download this ziphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5PpdCJ7YycqMWlVQ0FsNlozcTA/view?usp=sharing which has the following four files
1. bench.js - the benchmarking script
3. hp.json - the data we want to use while executing our script hp.js
4. dust-full.js - library needed to execute hp.js script
I am using "1.8.0_40-ea" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-ea-b25 on 8 core redhat linux machine ).
More information about the nashorn-dev