Request for comments: Bug 6306820
richard at kennardconsulting.com
Fri May 25 16:41:03 PDT 2007
Please find the latest version of URLEncodedQueryString at...
1. Static factory methods and a private constructor
2. getParameterMap returns a copy of the Map
3. Method chaining is used
4. Now mentions thread safety in the JavaDoc
5. Now mentions use of URLEncoder/URLDecoder in the JavaDoc
6. No longer Serializable
Unit tests and coverage reports are included. Note I have not:
1. Changed the name of 'getParameterMap' to 'toMap', because I am trying to follow the javax.servlet.ServletRequest convention?
2. Shortened the names of 'setParameter' and 'appendParameter'. This is because the name 'getParameter' follows javax.servlet.ServletRequest?
3. Changed the use of an enum for 'ParameterSeparator'. This is because the enum reflects the list of recommended separators in the spec?
4. Moved 'apply' out into java.net.URI. This is because we would also need to update java.net.URL, and I'm not sure if that's what you wanted?
Thanks again for all your help, and I look forward to hearing from you,
More information about the net-dev