Setting Tooltip for Control
sven.reimers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:04:47 PDT 2012
Added comment pointing to the Tooltip Bug (following the WebView issue).
Thanks for pointing out.
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Kevin Rushforth
<kevin.rushforth at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Sven,
> There is at least one related bug already filed,
> http://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-17716 , so check there first (when
> JIRA comes back from its current zombie state) and add your comments to the
> bug report if you think it is the same issues you are seeing. Otherwise,
> please file a new JIRA.
> -- Kevin
> Richard Bair wrote:
> I believe this to be a bug. I think the issue comes up with a couple popup
> controls, it may not just be tooltip. Please do file a JIRA.
> On Sep 20, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Sven Reimers wrote:
> Hi all,
> working on some JavaFX Demo, I tried to reduce blocking the
> FxApplication-Thread by doing initialization stuff on not added
> controls / nodes off the FXApp-Thread.
> I though I remembered that this one of the major advantages of FX, if
> a node does not belong to the scenegraph you are free to modify it on
> any thread. Is this correct? If yes - than it is probably wrong that
> trying to set the Tooltip on a control gives me an error, wrong thread
> for a control not already added to the scenegraph.
> So the question is - expected behaviour or issue?
> Sven Reimers
> * Senior Expert Software Architect
> * NetBeans Dream Team Member: http://dreamteam.netbeans.org
> * NetBeans Governance Board Member:
> * Community Leader NetBeans: http://community.java.net/netbeans
> Desktop Java:
> * Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009
> * Blog: http://nbguru.blogspot.com
> * XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Sven_Reimers8
> * LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers
> Join the NetBeans Groups:
> * XING: http://www.xing.com/group-20148.82db20
> * NUGM: http://haug-server.dyndns.org/display/NUGM/Home
> * LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1860468
> * Oracle: https://mix.oracle.com/groups/18497
* Senior Expert Software Architect
* NetBeans Dream Team Member: http://dreamteam.netbeans.org
* NetBeans Governance Board Member: http://netbeans.org/about/os/governance.html
* Community Leader NetBeans: http://community.java.net/netbeans
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009
* Blog: http://nbguru.blogspot.com
* XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Sven_Reimers8
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers
Join the NetBeans Groups:
* XING: http://www.xing.com/group-20148.82db20
* NUGM: http://haug-server.dyndns.org/display/NUGM/Home
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1860468
* Oracle: https://mix.oracle.com/groups/18497
More information about the openjfx-dev