Here to help
sven.reimers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 12:09:30 PDT 2013
In terms of build warnings - should we use JDK8 builds to build the JavaFX
8 source code and take all the warnings from there?
Just thinking about the improvements in type inference..
What about usage of lambda syntax?
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Richard Bair <richard.bair at oracle.com>wrote:
> Hi Jack!
> A good place to start is with the OpenJDK "How to Contribute" page.
> There are many different ways to get started. I would suggesting starting
> with some easier things to get your feet wet and get accustomed to the
> process of contributing. As you build up a reputation, it will be easier to
> do more. A good code-contribution project would be
> https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-18937. Another project that is
> frequently done in OpenJDK is to remove build warnings (of which we have
> plenty!). Another good opportunity is to build using the new Gradle build
> support and then report back bugs or submit patches.
>  http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/
>  https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Building+OpenJFX
> On Apr 24, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Jack Moxley <jack at moxley.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > I am new to the list, I am a senior java developer with over 10 years
> experience from mobile to server side applications. I have started to use
> the latest version of javafx, mainly because of the opened up CSS property
> hooks, on my personal projects.
> > If you need any help from reviews to development to bug reporting,
> please ask. Certainly I have started to write some extension classes to the
> property mechanisms already in place.
> > Kind regards
> > Jack
* Senior Expert Software Architect
* NetBeans Dream Team Member: http://dreamteam.netbeans.org
* Community Leader NetBeans: http://community.java.net/netbeans
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009
* Blog: http://nbguru.blogspot.com
* XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Sven_Reimers8
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers
Join the NetBeans Groups:
* XING: http://www.xing.com/group-20148.82db20
* NUGM: http://haug-server.dyndns.org/display/NUGM/Home
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1860468
* Oracle: https://mix.oracle.com/groups/18497
More information about the openjfx-dev