Usage of internal API's in charts
sven.reimers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:16:29 UTC 2015
The reason this haas not shown up is that nobody has tried to extends
Will think more about and try to file bugs
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:24 PM, Jonathan Giles <jonathan.giles at oracle.com>
>>> What about things like
>>> com.sun.javafx.charts.ChartLayoutAnimator ?
>>> Actually there may not be too many users of this, but if you try to write
>>> your own axis implementation (e.g. LogarithmicAxis) you may need access
>>> this - correct?
>> I'll let Jonathan answer this.
> ChartsLayoutAnimator didn't appear once on my jdeps analysis from a few
> weeks back, so it hasn't been on my radar as a possible candidate for
> making public. I don't imagine this will be something we try to bring out
> in JDK 9, but if it is something that is generally useful and important a
> bug should be filed for it.
>> Should we revisit every possible extension point in JavaFX and make sure
>>> all necessary implementations can be accessed via javafx.* packages?
>> Yes. Although not all of them will be address in JDK 9, it will be
>> helpful to know what they are and what the use case is.
> I agree with Kevin - half the battle is just knowing what is generally
> useful. It would be wise to have an umbrella issue in JBS that tracks all
> 'make XXX public' issues. If we get a few of these kind of issues filed
> I'll make an umbrella issue.
> -- Jonathan
* Senior Expert Software Architect
* Java Champion
* NetBeans Dream Team Member: http://dreamteam.netbeans.org
* Community Leader NetBeans: http://community.java.net/netbeans
* JUG Leader JUG Bodensee: http://www.jug-bodensee.de
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009
* Blog: https://www.java.net//blog/sven
* XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Sven_Reimers8
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers
Join the NetBeans Groups:
* XING: http://www.xing.com/group-20148.82db20
* NUGM: http://haug-server.dyndns.org/display/NUGM/Home
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1860468
* Oracle: https://mix.oracle.com/groups/18497
More information about the openjfx-dev