Linux X11 based setup: touch gesture related problem
pj0585 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:55:15 UTC 2015
I'm using Intel atom based hardware (which runs custom linux and has intel
HD graphics) to test JavaFX based application. I have built javaFX with
monocle X11 support. I have correct graphics library setup and the verbose
log confirms that es2 pipeline (X11 platform) is being used.
My trouble is with touch gesture. Generally speaking gestures are working
but not completely as expected. I'm not using X11 touch, but the touch
events are being taken from linux drivers directly. I have an eGalax touch
One specific touch gesture trouble is (can be reproduced by the following
1) Two finger pinch and zoom (works)
2) Lift only one finger from touch screen
3) Put the finger back on the touch screen
4) Pinch and zoom again (does not work) until both fingers are lifted
Does it sound like a known issue in JavaFX (es2 X11 pipeline)?
Some more information about my setup:
- monocle.input.touchRadius is set to 1 (my application needs that
- I'm not setting any monocle touch filters
- The same application and touch controller work fine when used on Windows
This is a very critical problem for us and we may not consider this
platform if this problem is not solved. So all input is welcome. Any inputs
will be of help.
Thanks in advance.
More information about the openjfx-dev