OpenJFX status update
kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Tue May 15 21:59:14 UTC 2018
I wanted to update you on the progress of the last couple weeks on the
1. As mentioned last week, we now have EA builds of OpenJFX 11 on
java.net . We intend to update this roughly weekly. Currently the
build numbers match the corresponding JDK build number, but that will
not necessarily be the case going forward, so don't assume that they are
2. Barring any build or staging issues, this week's OpenJFX 11 EA build
will include the jmods as mentioned earlier  
3. JavaFX has been removed from JDK 11 as of this week. Starting with
jdk-11+14, early access builds of JDK 11 will not include JavaFX.
4. After jdk-11+14 is posted on java.net, and FX is no longer included
in JDK 11, we will start using openjfx-11 as the fix version in JBS to
distinguish it from JDK 11. We still expect to do a release of JavaFX 11
around the same time as JDK 11, but using a different release number
will help track the actual content of JavaFX 11 separately from JDK 11.
5. Once this settles down, possibly later this week, I hope to restart
the discussion about OpenJFX policies, etc. I also hope to be a bit more
responsive over the coming days / weeks than I have been for the last
3-4 weeks. Getting the standalone OpenJFX working and removing JavaFX
from the JDK was quite time consuming as you can probably imagine.
If you have any general comments or questions about any of this, please
reply to this thread. We may want to split out more detailed discussions
into their own thread to make it easier to follow.
More information about the openjfx-dev