RFR: 8253356: JavaFX Terminology Refresh
kcr at openjdk.java.net
Tue Dec 15 13:08:09 UTC 2020
Replace archaic/non-inclusive words in JavaFX with more neutral terms. See [JDK-8253315](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253315) for background information.
The following changes are made:
1. Rename whitelist/blacklist to allowlist/rejectlist
2. Rename `MasterTimer` to `PrimaryTimer` in animation and toolkit implementation
3. Rename local variable master in a couple places
4. Remove master from comments in a few other places
This PR doesn't remove uses of the word master where there is no connotation of slavery.
Note that it is out of scope of this PR to address similar issues in 3rd-party code, such as WebKit or GStreamer. We will pick up any relevant changes after they are available in the upstream sources.
- 8253356: JavaFX Terminology Refresh (part 2)
- 8253356: JavaFX Terminology Refresh (part 1)
Stats: 657 lines in 61 files changed: 228 ins; 235 del; 194 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx pull/368/head:pull/368
More information about the openjfx-dev