RFR (L) 8211899: Remove the NSK_CPP_STUB macros from vmTestbase for jvmti/scenarios/[E-M]
jcbeyler at google.com
Thu Oct 11 02:03:50 UTC 2018
Thanks for the review! Yes I had seen that too before sending this review
out and forked that fix into this:
Which now is merged and I've updated my webrev to reflect this of course.
My rationale for not doing it here directly is always the same: keeping the
changes to the "spirit" of what the change is trying to do. Those extra
casts were a bit out-of-scope and so I just forked the fix in 8211905.
On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 5:40 PM Alex Menkov <alexey.menkov at oracle.com>
> Hi Jc,
> Overall looks good.
> one minor note:
> - jclassName = (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) (jstring)
> (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) NSK_CPP_STUB3(CallObjectMethod,
> jni_env, klass,
> - methodID);
> + jclassName = (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) (jstring)
> (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) (jstring) jni_env->CallObjectMethod(klass,
> Please drop multi "(jstring)"
> On 10/08/2018 21:21, JC Beyler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am continuing the NSK_CPP_STUB removal with this next webrev.
> > Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jcbeyler/8211899/webrev.00/
> > <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejcbeyler/8211899/webrev.00/>
> > Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8211899
> > The change is still straight-forward though, since it is just doing the
> > same NSK_CPP_STUB removal. However when I was looking at the changes, a
> > lot of these changes are touching lines with spaces before/after
> > parenthesis. I've almost never touched the spaces except if I was
> > refactoring by hand the line at the same time. The rationale being that
> > the lines will get fixed a few more times and are, at worse, covered by
> > the bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8211335, which I've
> > commited to doing.
> > Two exceptions are here where I pushed out the code into assignments due
> > to really long lines and complex if structures:
> > - jvmti/scenarios/hotswap/HS204/hs204t003/hs204t003.cpp
> > <
> > - jvmti/scenarios/jni_interception/JI01/ji01t001/ji01t001.cpp
> > <
> > And one exception here where a commented line was doing the out-of-if
> > assignment so I just uncommented it and used the variable:
> > - jvmti/scenarios/hotswap/HS301/hs301t001/hs301t001.cpp
> > <
> > I've tested the modified changes on my machine, all modified tests pass.
> > Let me know what you think,
> > Jc
> > Ps: 2 more of these and we can say good bye to NSK_CPP_STUB*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the serviceability-dev