[lworld] RFR: 8244227: [lworld] Explore an implementation where the reference projection and value projection types are backed by a single class symbol [v5]
sadayapalam at openjdk.java.net
Thu Apr 8 08:09:14 UTC 2021
> This PR overhauls the existing implementation/representation of reference projection types and the inline types so that both share the same underlying symbol, much like how an infinite family of parameterized types that originate from the same generic type are modelled using the same underlying symbol.
Srikanth Adayapalam has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
- Where possible prefer Types.isSubtype over Types.asSuper for loss less subtyping determination; Merge Two flavors of Types.asSuper into one; Make sure to switch to projection types for sucessful hierarchy lookup via asSuper
- Reverse all changes made to Types.asSuper both at definition site and call sites.
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/375/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/375/files/42fefb15..14e36283
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=valhalla&pr=375&range=04
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=valhalla&pr=375&range=03-04
Stats: 314 lines in 16 files changed: 235 ins; 31 del; 48 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla pull/375/head:pull/375
More information about the valhalla-dev