nestmates spec open issues
karen.kinnear at oracle.com
Wed Oct 25 14:45:51 UTC 2017
David Holmes (many thanks) has filed bugs to track most of the open issues:
1. access checking failing due to lazy host resolution: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187768 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187768>
Dan has updated the specification.
In our prototyping we are still investigating cases in which resolution errors are not expected during
access checking (I know IllegalAccessError is a LinkageError).
2. Core reflection APIs https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8188075 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8188075>
John Rose proposed:
a) Class.getnestHost() - defaults to itself if there is a resolution error
b) Class.getNestMembers() - returns full nest, fallback of self if any resolution errors including it lists a nestHost that
does not list it.
- full statically defined nest from classfile attribute? As distinct from full dynamically
currently loaded nest - right?
- looks like John is proposing resolving the names, not just returning strings, and skipping any resolution failures
3. transitive overriding - see other email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the valhalla-spec-experts