[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Request: Small tweak in the DrawImage.java
Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Nov 12 13:45:42 UTC 2015
Can somebody take a look to the small enhancement for DrawImage.java.
I will file a new CR if the proposed change will be approved:
The goal is to minimize the calls to Blit.Blit/BlitBG() if we know that
it will be noop.
The reasons to the fix:
- Not all blits are fast when the source and destination are the same.
For example ByteBinary variants are quite slow.
- In case of d3d and ogl such blit change the whole state of the
render context and can slowdown the rendering to another destination.
- In the common situation one additional statement "srcData ==
dstData" will be executed.
- The comment about the 4783274 was removed, because I am not sure we
really should copy this check from this particular method to all java blits?
- Probably some other checks can be added as well? What about
Best regards, Sergey.
More information about the 2d-dev