[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8251558 J2DBench should support shaped and translucent windows
Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Aug 14 07:29:19 UTC 2020
Please review the fix for jdk/client.
The 3 additional options are added to the J2DBench:
- Rendering to the shaped frame
- Rendering to the translucent frame
- Rendering to the shaped and translucent frame
Note that the old "global.dest.screen" option is replaced by the
"global.dest.frame.defaultframe" so old configuration files should
I have found that on windows the difference in performance rendering between
normal and shaped window are huge(x70!!).
I have checked that the jdk1.4 still be able to run this version when compiled by the jdk7.
- Location of the frame is tweaked, so it will not be placed out of the screen
- "suffix.equals" is replaced back to "suffix.isEmpty"(which is supported by the jdk1.4)
BTW does anybody use the NetBeans project or ant file to build J2DBench.jar? probably
we can delete them and use the makefile instead?
Best regards, Sergey.
More information about the 2d-dev