[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8269223: -Xcheck:jni WARNINGs working with fonts on Linux [v3]
github.com+28651297+mkartashev at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jul 14 05:48:42 UTC 2021
> Added an `ExceptionCheck()` followed by `ExceptionDescribe()` and `ExceptionClear()` immediately after the Java calls made from the callback function `ReadTTFontFileFunc()` in `freetypeScaler.c`.
> The exception(s) need to be cleared because we're not returning immediately to Java that would've been able to handle them gracefully. And in order not to loose the exception entirely (even though the return value would also indicate an error condition), print out the exception with `ExceptionDescribe()` to aid in debugging.
Maxim Kartashev has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
1. Marked the test as headful so that it doesn't fail on a headless
2. Added exception checks to Windows-specific code.
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4572/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4572/files/d1bc82e8..9cc7c8ed
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4572&range=02
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4572&range=01-02
Stats: 15 lines in 4 files changed: 9 ins; 0 del; 6 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/4572/head:pull/4572
More information about the 2d-dev