<AWT Dev> RFC: KeyboardFocusManager patch

Roman Kennke roman.kennke at aicas.com
Thu Jun 21 23:48:39 PDT 2007

Hi Phil,

> Again this (toolkit etc)  is not a pluggable API/SPI. What can be hacked
> up is not supportable.
> There would need to be a CCC OK for this and we don't even have the
> governance in place
> for that.  open jdk has basically stalled all CCC's anyway which is a
> pain I would like to go away but
> so far hasn't.
> So this  may be interesting to look at this but its a project and not
> patches to the product.

If you're really not interested going further with this I have an easy
solution. I can hack up something in private (I am going to do this
anyway so that I can support the various alternative AWT peer
implementations that we already have in place), upload the patches to
some public location (to conform with the GPL) and be happy with it. I
feel that doing this together with you would be a better solution (less
maintenance for me and a better architectured AWT for you) but I don't
need to do this if you don't feel like it's a good idea.

/Roman

--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Roman Kennke, Software Engineer, http://kennke.org
aicas Allerton Interworks Computer Automated Systems GmbH