<AWT Dev>  Review Request: 8225372 accessibility errors in tables in java.desktop files
Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Wed Jun 12 05:29:41 UTC 2019
Please review the fix for JDK 13.
In the fix, some(most) of the issues which were reported by the accessibility checker were fixed.
- In the simplest case, the "scope=col/row" attribute was added to the tables:
- The tables which are used for a layout were replaced by the <div>.(In fact, this is just emulation of <figure>):
- Some tables do not have the meaningful cell to be row header, so I have added an additional column "index" and use it cells as row header:
- In one place I have added a special role to the table "role=presentation" because the table was used just for layout and its content can be read without information about this table:
- In some cases I have dropped the table, and replace it by the list of elements:
Note that I cannot fix two reported issues:
Take a look to the "Common dialog" and "HTML Content of example above" on the links below:
I tried to mark these tables as "role=presentation" or "aria-hidden=true", but it does not work because Javadoc tool generates HTML4 and these attributes are supported by the HTML5.
Best regards, Sergey.
More information about the awt-dev