<AWT Dev> RFR: 6278172: TextComponent.getSelectedText() throws StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
serb at openjdk.java.net
Sat Nov 7 07:37:03 UTC 2020
The text components are implements as wrappers over the "native" peers. Most of the functionality is provided by the peers not wrappers like TextArea/TextField. The current bug occurs in the TextArea/TextField when the native peer was created yet.
The steps to reproduce:
1. Sets the long text to the component
2. Select all text in the component
3. Sets the short text to the component
4. Request the selected text -> BOOM
The bug on step 4 occurred because we request a long substring of the short text. To eliminate an exception we have two choices:
1. Preserve the selection in the setText(), but limit it by the length of the current text.
2. Resets the selection.
I tried both solutions, the second caused some TCK tests to fail, so I selected the first one.
- Merge branch 'master' into JDK-6278172
- Initial fix
Stats: 119 lines in 2 files changed: 107 ins; 3 del; 9 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/1104/head:pull/1104
More information about the awt-dev