<Beans Dev> RFR: 8251123 doclint warnings about missing javadoc tags and comments
Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Sun Aug 9 10:16:09 UTC 2020
Please review the fix for jdk/client.
We have a number of missing javadoc tags and comments in the desktop module.
Most of the missing comments are related to the serialized form.
- Adds missing comments to the non-static/non-transient fields(even private) of the "serializable" classes
- Adds comments to the "serializable" classes even if those classes are non-public
- Fixes references/adds missing tags to the special methods(like readObject/writeObject)
Also, I made additional changes:
- In one class to suppress the warning I have made two constants static:
- Adds @Deprecated(forRemoval = true) to the PeerFixer class:
I think we should delete this class, so to not missing this in future I added
this tag, or could I delete them right now?
I also would like to clarify the status of unused fields, like:
src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/CheckboxMenuItem.java:433: warning: no comment
private int checkboxMenuItemSerializedDataVersion = 1;
Could I add "@Deprecated(forRemoval = true)" to them as well, or could I delete them right now?
Note that in some cases I added the comments to the "implementation details", so I did not specify it fully.
Best regards, Sergey.
More information about the beans-dev