Rhino build support
henri.gomez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:06:18 PDT 2011
Hi to all,
Moving these questions to discuss, since I didn't get reply on bsd and
macosx ports lists :
I couldn't find officials indications or documentation on how to add
Rhino from Mozilla to OpenJDK build.
The only source of information found was IcedTea 1.7 (1.14) with
1) CLOSED_SRC test removed (jdk/make/com/sun/Makefile)
- ORG_EXISTS := $(call DirExists,$(CLOSED_SRC)/share/classes/sun/org,,)
- ifneq ("$(ORG_EXISTS)", "")
- SCRIPT_SUBDIR = script
2) rhino.jar added to build (jdk/make/com/sun/script/Makefile)
4) repackaged rhino.jar copied under JRE /lib/rhino.jar
5) rhino.jar added to runtime jars (hotspot/src/share/vm/runtime/os.cpp)
All of these could be done on bsd-port and macosx-port and may be others ports.
1) Did there is any reason why Rhino is not included in bsd-port (and
so macosx-port) like licence problems ?
2) What's the recommanded Mozilla renaming named ?
If there is no licence problem, I may add these to openjdk-osx-build
project for now, but it will be better to get them in bsd and
More information about the bsd-port-dev