Pushing changes for Update 2
kurt at intricatesoftware.com
Tue Mar 13 18:38:45 PDT 2012
On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:17 AM, Greg Lewis <glewis at eyesbeyond.com> wrote:
> G'day Kurt,
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 07:50:08AM -0500, Kurt Miller wrote:
>> On Mar 5, 2012, at 1:55 AM, Greg Lewis <glewis at eyesbeyond.com> wrote:
>>> I've taken some time to get my bsd-port local repo sync'ed up with the
>>> jdk7u2 repo. I'd like to push what I have up into the main repo, but
>>> thought it was worth talking over before I do that since I'm not a
>>> mercurial guru. Here is what I've done so far:
>>> 1. Pull from the jdk7u2 repo.
>>> 2. Merged and committed (this warned about creating an extra head, but I
>>> went ahead since this seemed reasonable given I was pulling from a new
>>> 3. Merged Linux specific changes into the BSD specific code, fixed some
>>> merge botches and committed that.
>>> The result compiles on FreeBSD/i386 and runs a few examples that I tried.
>>> As I said, I'd like to push this up to the main repo now. Some open
>> Thanks for updating the tree.
> No worries. I've had some confirmation for FreeBSD/amd64 too.
>>> . Should we tag or branch the current repo first?
>> Yes. Whatever is most similar to a cvs tag seems best so we can record our current state.
> Sounds good. Will do that.
>>> . Will pushing cause any problem for anyone else?
>> I'm ok with it.
>>> . Has anyone got time to test compile it on other platforms first (or is
>>> the best thing to just push and let people test that way)?
>> I'd rather test after pushing and make any corrections after if needed.
>>> . Should we branch once we've waited for a week or so and use head for
>>> jdk7u4 merging and let any bug fixes go into a jdk7u2 branch?
>> I'm not sure. If we're going to have two active trees, I think branching might be the way to go for this.
> Sure. We can figure that out after a little shakedown time too.
>>> . Anything I'm missing?
>> Sounds like a good plan to me.
> Thanks! I'll likely give it a try this weekend.
The u4 merging looks perfect so far. I did a test build on OpenBSD x86 and used the result to build bsd-port again. I won't be able to test amd64 for several weeks because my lab machines are packed up for a renovation. Thanks again for the update.
More information about the bsd-port-dev