6856630: Restructure jaxp/jaxws repository

Joe Darcy Joe.Darcy at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 5 02:45:25 UTC 2009


On 11/04/09 06:04 PM, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> 2009/11/5 Kelly O'Hair <Kelly.Ohair at sun.com>:
>   
>> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>>     
>>> 2009/11/4 Kelly O'Hair <Kelly.Ohair at sun.com>:
>>>       
>>>> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>>>>         
>>>>> 2009/11/4 Kelly O'Hair <Kelly.Ohair at sun.com>:
>>>>>           
>>>>>> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>>>>>>             
>>>>>>> 2009/11/4 Kelly O'Hair <Kelly.Ohair at sun.com>:
>>>>>>>               
>>>>>>>> I'm basically ok with this, but have one concern.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> There is no longer a default ant value for drops.dir, it is only
>>>>>>>> set via the Makefile. Maybe that's ok, just not sure.
>>>>>>>> I think it means that a plain 'ant' command will always download
>>>>>>>> from the url. Again, maybe that's fine. So I'm ok with the push.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>                 
>>>>>>> Ah I see what you mean.  I changed things so all the logic was in one
>>>>>>> place in the Makefile:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ifdef ALT_DROPS_DIR
>>>>>>>  DROPS_DIR = $(ALT_DROPS_DIR)
>>>>>>> else
>>>>>>>  ifdef ALT_JDK_DEVTOOLS_DIR
>>>>>>>  DROPS_DIR = $(ALT_JDK_DEVTOOLS_DIR)/share/jdk7-drops
>>>>>>>  else
>>>>>>>  DROPS_DIR = $(_SLASHJAVA)/devtools/share/jdk7-drops
>>>>>>>  endif
>>>>>>> endif
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> so you get the same behaviour as before, but as you say, only when
>>>>>>> running ant via the makefile.
>>>>>>> Is ant ever run directly in this situation? I've never had reason to
>>>>>>> do
>>>>>>> so.
>>>>>>>               
>>>>>> I do manually, and if you build via the NetBeans project. But the url
>>>>>> usage should work.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>             
>>>>>>> Either way, I can add an updated version back to the build.xml.
>>>>>>> That's not a problem, as we'll never use it.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Can you allocate a bug ID so I can push? :)
>>>>>>>               
>>>>>> 6898251: Add ALT_DROPS_DIR feature to jaxp/jaxws
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -kto
>>>>>>
>>>>>>             
>>>>>>>> I've learned to keep ant scripts out of the environment variable
>>>>>>>> business if at all possible, so leaving any env var logic in
>>>>>>>> the makefiles may be fine.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Keeping the ant<->make boundaries simple seems like an essential
>>>>>>>> thing to do, sigh, but is anything "simple" with ant scripts or
>>>>>>>> Makefiles... :^(
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>                 
>>>>>>> I know what you mean all too well... :(
>>>>>>> At one point, I managed to have three different JDKs, all from
>>>>>>> different vendors, involved in the building of langtools...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>               
>>>>>>>> -kto
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>>>>>>>>                 
>>>>>>>>> 2009/10/28 Andrew John Hughes <gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org>:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> snip..
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>                   
>>>>>>>>>> Well spotted; revised version here:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~andrew/drops/webrev.03/
>>>>>>>>>>                     
>>>>>>>>> Does this look ok to push?
>>>>>>>>>                   
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>               
>>>>> You've probably mentioned this before, but to which tree? I have it
>>>>> applied to tl here for some reason I can't now remember...
>>>>>           
>>>> You will need to use the jdk7/tl forest.
>>>>
>>>> The jdk7/build forest doesn't have the jdk7/tl jaxp/jaxws changes yet.
>>>>
>>>> -kto
>>>>
>>>>         
>>> Thanks all.
>>>
>>> Pushed:
>>>
>>> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/tl/jaxp/rev/26b97fd0e595
>>> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/tl/jaxws/rev/600bc3d048be
>>>       
>> Did you plan on doing this to jdk6 too?
>>
>> -kto
>>
>>     
>
> Yes indeed.  But I think Joe wanted to get the security fixes out of
> the way first.
>   

Correct andI pre-approve keeping the JDK 7 and OpenJDK 6 jaxp/jaxws 
mechanisms in sync.

-Joe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/build-dev/attachments/20091104/3f552f1f/attachment.html>


More information about the build-dev mailing list