Review Request: 8005575: build-infra: Three JCK tests fails on Solaris with new RE Autoconf-Based build
tim.bell at oracle.com
Fri Jan 4 15:57:10 UTC 2013
Is there an issue open for the future "unified functionality in
On 01/04/13 02:29, Erik Joelsson wrote:
> Had to add LANG=C to the nawk line to make this work on my linux
> workstation, otherwise one comment wouldn't get matched because it
> contained some weird character.
> On 2013-01-02 21:55, Kelly O'Hair wrote:
>> Looks ok to me.
>> On Jan 2, 2013, at 2:46 AM, Erik Joelsson wrote:
>>> In build-infra, an attempt at unifying the handling of properties
>>> files was introduced and used in jaxp jaxws. It changed how
>>> properties were cleaned quite drastically for these repos, trying to
>>> mimic what was going on with StripProperties in jdk and langtools,
>>> but using sed. This worked pretty well as long as gnu sed was used,
>>> but on solaris, that's not always the case and we saw a couple of
>>> test failures in the JCK as a result of that.
>>> While working on this, I discovered more issues related to these
>>> properties and solaris sed, and came to the conclusion that we
>>> cannot support this feature at this point, but should rather revert
>>> the property cleaning in jaxp and jaxws to something as similar as
>>> possible to the filtering done in the old build and that's what I've
>>> done in this change. Changing that can be done later.
>>> The reason for not changing the implementation in
>>> common/makefiles/JavaCompilation.gmk is that the implementation
>>> there is supposed to work the same as the new solution in sjavac. So
>>> to not break that, I opted for a local implementation in each of the
>>> repos jaxp and jaxws. Instead of using sed, which is known to cause
>>> trouble on solaris, I used nawk, which seems to behave less
>>> differently. This also enabled us to remove the complex exceptions
>>> to the compare rules in common/bin/compare.sh for resources.jar. One
>>> difference does remain however, and that's an extra newline at the
>>> end of one of the properties files. The source file is missing the
>>> newline, the ant filter in the old build does not add one, but nawk
>>> does. I've added an exception for this as I regard it as a safe diff.
More information about the build-dev