RfR JDK-8077296 RE build fails on non-Win builds when attempting to build Win only javadoc
peter.brunet at oracle.com
Thu May 21 05:33:50 UTC 2015
Please review the following change for 8u:
- As part of the open sourcing of the JAB and Java Accessibility
Utilities (JAU) the JAU Javadoc was setup to be added to the build.
- Due to a 8u build issue (it uses source bundles) the Javadoc had to be
temporarily disabled: JDK-8076552
- The issue was caused by JAU code being in windows instead of share.
- For 9 the JAU code is in
jdk.accessibility/share/classes/com/sun/java/accessibility/util (and the
JAB code under jdk.accessibility/windows).
- For 8u both the JAU and JAB code is in jdk/src/windows.
- The problem on 8u is with non-windows builds; the 8 Javadoc build
process doesn't find the JAU files because they are in a windows directory.
- The fix is to refactor so 8u is like 9 with the JAU files in share;
then the javadoc build process will find the source for all build platforms.
- Make has been changed so jaccess.jar is built for all platforms
- Some obsolete files have been removed as they were causing build
problems. They were removed from 9 earlier but not from 8u. These are
com/sun/java/accessibility/util/java/awt/ChoiceTranslator.java and all
the files in com/sun/java/accessibility/extensions.
More information about the build-dev