8201226 missing JNIEXPORT / JNICALL at some places in function declarations/implementations - was : RE: missing JNIEXPORT / JNICALL at some places in function declarations/implementations

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Wed Apr 11 10:38:43 UTC 2018



> 11 apr. 2018 kl. 11:10 skrev Alexey Ivanov <alexey.ivanov at oracle.com>:
> 
> 
> On 11/04/2018 08:44, Baesken, Matthias wrote:
>>> JIMAGE_FindResource doesn't have JNICALL modifier now, does it?
>> Hi  Alexey, yes that's true .
>> 
>>> Please remove JNIEXPORT from main():
>>> src/java.base/share/native/launcher/main.c
>>> src/jdk.pack/share/native/unpack200/main.cpp
>> I would  prefer to keep it for now .
>> I notice  some  comments  in our SAPJVM code base  about needing  JNIEXPORT for  main  for Solaris  (we were running  in SAPJVM without  mapfiles in the past already).
>> Maybe  that’s related to
>> 
>> src/java.base/unix/native/libjli/java_md_solinux.c
>> 
>> where main  is dlsym-ed : fptr = (int (*)())dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, "main");
>> but I am not sure about this.
>> So I better keep  the JNIEXPORT  for the main functions,   could be removed in another  cleanup  if really needed.
> 
> OK. Let them stay then.
> Was main() exported via map files?

Yes. You cannot remove the export of main! Since we hide symbols by default even for executables, it would not be possible to execute if the main function is not visible. 

/Magnus

> 
> 
> The change looks good to me.
> 
> Regards,
> Alexey
> 
>> 
>>> You can reference both yourself and me as
>>> Contributed-by: mbaesken, aivanov
>>> when pushing the changeset if you don't mind.
>>> 
>> Sure .
>> 
>> Best regards, Matthias
>> 
>> 
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Alexey Ivanov [mailto:alexey.ivanov at oracle.com]
>>> Sent: Dienstag, 10. April 2018 21:34
>>> To: Baesken, Matthias <matthias.baesken at sap.com>; Magnus Ihse Bursie
>>> <magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com>
>>> Cc: build-dev <build-dev at openjdk.java.net>; Doerr, Martin
>>> <martin.doerr at sap.com>
>>> Subject: Re: 8201226 missing JNIEXPORT / JNICALL at some places in function
>>> declarations/implementations - was : RE: missing JNIEXPORT / JNICALL at
>>> some places in function declarations/implementations
>>> 
>>> Hi Matthias,
>>> 
>>>> On 10/04/2018 11:14, Baesken, Matthias wrote:
>>>> Hello,  I  had to  do another small adjustment to make jimage.hpp/cpp match. Please review :
>>>> 
>>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8201226.2/
>>> JIMAGE_FindResource doesn't have JNICALL modifier now, does it?
>>> 
>>> I've successfully built 32 bit Windows with your patch.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Please remove JNIEXPORT from main():
>>> src/java.base/share/native/launcher/main.c
>>> src/jdk.pack/share/native/unpack200/main.cpp
>>> 
>>>> With the latest webrev I could finally build jdk/jdk successfully on both win32bit and win64 bit.
>>>> 
>>>> Thanks again  to Alexey  to provide  the   incorporated patch .
>>> You can reference both yourself and me as
>>> Contributed-by: mbaesken, aivanov
>>> when pushing the changeset if you don't mind.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Regards,
>>> Alexey
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Best regards, Matthias
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: Alexey Ivanov [mailto:alexey.ivanov at oracle.com]
>>>>> Sent: Montag, 9. April 2018 17:14
>>>>> To: Baesken, Matthias <matthias.baesken at sap.com>; Magnus Ihse
>>> Bursie
>>>>> <magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com>
>>>>> Cc: build-dev <build-dev at openjdk.java.net>; Doerr, Martin
>>>>> <martin.doerr at sap.com>
>>>>> Subject: Re: 8201226 missing JNIEXPORT / JNICALL at some places in
>>> function
>>>>> declarations/implementations - was : RE: missing JNIEXPORT / JNICALL at
>>>>> some places in function declarations/implementations
>>>>> 
>>>>> Hi Matthias,
>>>>> 
>>>>>> On 09/04/2018 15:38, Baesken, Matthias wrote:
>>>>>> Hi  Alexey,    thanks  for  the diff provided by you, and  for  the
>>> explanations
>>>>> .
>>>>>> I created  a second  webrev :
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8201226.1/
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> -   it  adds  the diff  provided by you    (hope that’s fine with you)
>>>>> Yes, that's fine with me.
>>>>> There could be only one author ;)
>>>>> 
>>>>>> -    changes  2 launchers    src/java.base/share/native/launcher/main.c
>>> and
>>>>> src/jdk.pack/share/native/unpack200/main.cpp    where we face similar
>>>>> issues after mapfile removal for exes
>>>>> 
>>>>> I'd rather remove both JNIEXPORT and JNICALL from main().
>>>>> It wasn't exported, and it shouldn't be.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Alexey
>>>>> 
>>>>>> Best regards , Matthias
> 



More information about the build-dev mailing list