RFR: 8274405: Suppress warnings on non-serializable non-transient instance fields in javac and javadoc [v2]
darcy at openjdk.java.net
Wed Sep 29 21:13:20 UTC 2021
> Augmentations to javac's Xlint:serial checking are out for review (#5709) and various javac and javadoc implementation libraries would need some changes to pass under the expanded checks.
> The changes are to suppress warnings where non-transient fields in serializable types are not declared with a type statically known to be serializable. That isn't necessarily a correctness issues, but it does merit further scrutiny.
> I'll run a script to update the copyright year before pushing.
> Sending this change out for review separately in an effort to de-bulk the review needed for the new checks themselves.
Joe Darcy has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains two additional commits since the last revision:
- Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8274405
- 8274405: Suppress warnings on non-serializable non-transient instance fields in javac and javadoc
- all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/5728/files
- new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/5728/files/c7cfa110..7ad3a07c
- full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5728&range=01
- incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5728&range=00-01
Stats: 4793 lines in 167 files changed: 3399 ins; 976 del; 418 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5728/head:pull/5728
More information about the compiler-dev