[7u6] RFR (JAXP) : 7151118: Regressions on 7u4 b11 comp. 7u4 b06 on specjvm2008.xml.transform subbenchmark
huizhe.wang at oracle.com
Wed Jun 6 03:23:54 UTC 2012
I tested through all of the Xalan updates and found XalanJ-2271 to be
the culprit. It  was intended to improve performance in webserver
environment while resolving unescaped chars in attributes.
Unfortunately, it actually resulted in a 5% drop in specjvm2008. I
tried to improve the patch, by for example not making mutable copies of
the CharInfo objects and etc., but none could get all of the
performance loss back.
Since it was a proactive update, meaning no one requested it, instead of
spending too much time on this issue, I decided to roll the entire patch
back. Below is the webrev .
All unit/sqe/tck tests passed.
More information about the core-libs-dev