Request for Review (#2) : CR#8001634 : Initial set of lambda functional interfaces
mike.duigou at oracle.com
Tue Nov 13 19:05:04 UTC 2012
I've updated the webrev for the first set of lambda functional interfaces (JSR-335) with the feedback from the first review round. The updated webrev is:
This update includes:
- Mapper.map becomes Function.apply
- Factory.make becomes Supplier.get
- Specializations of Supplier for int, long, double
- Reorder type variables to put result last
- Fixes many javadoc and stylistic comments.
What didn't change:
- Block was not renamed to Action or Procedure. The name Block.apply currently conflicts with Function.apply and should be renamed. Block.accept? Block.perform?
- Combiner will be part of the full API but it's only present in this patch as a comment.
- No default methods.
Unless there are sustained and persuasive objections this will be committed to the jdk8/tl workspace at the end of this week or early next week. (Hence "core-libs-dev" being the primary review list)
More information about the core-libs-dev