RFR: 8016025 JSR 310: DateTime API Updates IV
xueming.shen at oracle.com
Fri Jul 12 17:40:00 UTC 2013
Please help review the update for the JSR310 DateTime API updates IV
Here is the summary of the updates included in this round of API update:
- Remove type parameter from ChronoLocalDate as unnecessary to
simplify API and usage
- Rename Temporal.periodUntil to until() and in all implementations
- Added Temporal.isSupported(TemporalUnit) as a complement to
- Add support for lenient parsing mechanism with Chronology.resolveDate,
in subclasses and in TemporalField.
- Add parsing support in Period for ISO week strings
- Remove Temporal/getName and ChronoField.getName
(redundant with toString and ChronoField.name method)
- ChronoField.DAY_OF_YEAR clarified in case of Calendars and Eras whose
start day varies from year to year as in Japanese eras.
- TemporalUnit and ChronoUnit.isDateUnit and isTimeUnit methods renamed
to isDateBased and isTimeBased.
- Move static methods in java.time.temporal.Adjusters to Adjuster
and remove class Adjusters
- Move static methods in java.time.temporal.Queries to TemporalQuery and
remove class Queries
- Changed OffsetDateTime.INSTANT_COMPARATOR froma field to a method
- WeekFields updated to specific the lenient resolution modes
- DateTimeFormatterBuilder cleanup of parsing of ZoneIds to match
- HijrahChronology updated the syntax for the BCP 47 based locale string
to use "-u-ca-islamic-umalqura"
- IsoChronology - narrowed the return type of getEra to IsoEra
- Japanese calendar starts with Meiji 6 to avoid ill defined
early years of Meiji calendar.
- Remove editorial error "(1865-04-07 - 1868-09-07)" as the Meiji range
in the JapaneseChronology API doc.
- Remove JapaneseEra.SEIREKI as ill defined and unnecessary;
- Update the signature of ChronoLocalDate.atTime
The webrev also includes the proposed change for
JDK-8020418: Cleanup of -Xlint warnings in java.time
More information about the core-libs-dev