Request for review- RFE 8005716

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at
Thu Mar 7 20:50:47 UTC 2013

On 07/03/2013 16:36, BILL PITTORE wrote:
> I updated the code based on the feedback. To fix the windows symbol 
> name issue that Dean brought up I added a platform specific function, 
> buildJniFunctionName. In windows it will properly convert 
> _JNI_OnLoad at 8 to _JNI_OnLoad_libname at 8 as well as handle JNI_OnLoad 
> symbol name.
> Fixed copyright headers as well.
> Tested on linux and windows
> Webrevs are here:
> bill 
Thanks for sorting out the decorator issue. One comment on that part of 
the implementation is that findJniFunction is sizing the buffer and 
buildJniFunctionName is using strcpy in the components. I wonder if this 
could be changed so that buildJniFunctionName sizes the buffer and uses 
strncpy. That way it will be obviously safe when just looking at one 
function. It makes it easier for static analysis tools to check too.


More information about the core-libs-dev mailing list