JDK8 RFR JDK-8029237 Update copyright year to match last edit in jdk8 jaxws repository for 2013
miroslav.kos at oracle.com
Fri Jan 17 09:57:29 UTC 2014
Hi Steve and Alan,
I just reminding this issue - I have no response from anybody yet and it
would really simplify our integration if I could handle copyright years
inconsistencies this way - I see this issue in many jdk branches and
these "each-branch-different" changes make each integration much more pain.
Thanks for any idea on this.
On 10/01/14 18:05, Miroslav Kos wrote:
> this is about fixing copyright years for jdk8 (!); the incorrect years
> found for both 2012 and 2013, so not to confuse script
> it is necessary to use option -d "<date>" for commit. I tested that
> and it seems to work perfect.
> I used following:
> [2012 modifications]
> hg commit -u mkos -l ../2012-msg.txt -d "2012-12-30"
> [2013 modifications]
> hg commit -u mkos -l ../2013-msg.txt -d "2013-12-30"
> When commits performed with past date, update_copyright_year.sh script
> finds those in proper years. Since I am not familiar with using webrev
> for pushing changes, I exported both revisions into separate patches:
> 2012: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mkos/8029237/copyrights-2012.patch
> 2013: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mkos/8029237/copyrights-2013.patch
> all changes webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mkos/8029237/webrev-all.00/ (upload
> still in progress, I hope it doesn't take more than 30 mins)
> bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8029237
More information about the core-libs-dev