RFR: 8043592: The basic XML parser based on UKit fails to read XML files encoded in UTF-16BE or LE

Xueming Shen xueming.shen at oracle.com
Thu May 22 17:25:17 UTC 2014


(1) Do we really need those shift at line ln#2989/90 and 2994/95? it appears to me
      those bytes have been decided to be ZERO already, we are talking about
      mChar[0] = '<' and mChar[1] = '?' here, right?

(2) for test, maybe we should just do p.loadFromXML(in) ? that path should verify the
      fix as well (the real use scenario), right?

(3) do we have tests for utf16 bom? if not, I would suggest to throw in UTF-16BE/LE-BOM
      into the charset[], just in case.


On 05/22/2014 09:30 AM, huizhe wang wrote:
> Refer to 8042889, while verifying/testing 8042889, we noticed that the tiny XML parser failed on UTF-16BE or LE. The cause of the failure was that the parser was actually implemented to abide by the XML specification that required entities encoded in UTF-16 to begin with BOM. The test we used sent a byte array to the parser without BOM, thus failed.
> Since it's not uncommon for a XML to not have BOM, I borrowed the technique used in Xerces to add an additional check for UTF-16 encoding.  Please review.
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk9/8043592/webrev/
> Thanks,
> Joe

More information about the core-libs-dev mailing list